People continuously moving towards own businesses rather joining a pre-established firm and serving them with their full zeal, globally. That’s just because of easy access resources, as the stats reveal that more than 10% growth already noticed in small business establishments, from last year.
There are few major aspects that encourages a huge number of the population to start a new journey with an own business, especially online e-commerce stores. Passion, capability, skills, risk oriented behavior and especially the ease of resources encourages youth to take a separate move and set a unique but motivational brand in the market.
Well, apart from the details of how and why youth moving towards own business, move towards the solution that help a small business to get ease among their targets.
Responsive web design is the forefront solution that helps a small business to get more convenience while accessing it online. As the stat says, youth preferred to start online e-commerce stores by investing their savings, by taking business loans or else and to get high response it needed to have a responsive web design.
The rising numbers of smartphone users (Approx. 20% annual growth) forced a business to have a responsive web design rather having a separate mobile website and online website. It compressed the cost, response time, accessibility, performance, ease and great UI in a single package.
As the stat says, 91% of Americans have a cell phone and this number continuously growing without any downfall. More than 50% of them have internet connection and around 63% of the population uses their cell phone to search for a product or service online.
Other than this, most cellular companies assume that their sales will increase by a ratio of 15% in the coming year. According to them, around 350M tablets are expected to be sold in the coming year, which surpassed the sale of laptops with an expected 21% 3G coverage globally. Although companies has already entered in 4G connectivity and tries to produce their latest products with it.
Benefits of Responsive web design
Having a responsive layouts for the online business presence, is always a profitable deal and beneficial in several aspects such as:
- Single URL for multiple devices
- Low cost and fast performance
- Higher rate of user interaction
- Adorable UI, ease of development and universal presence
Do’s of Responsive Web Design
For an expert solution for your online visibility, you have to keep an eye over do’s of responsive web design and implement them on your web design. Here are some of them:
- Keep your layout simple: There is no need to implement flash or SWF in your website, keep your web design simple and elegant. Use html5 rather using CSS or else for designs and skip all non-essential contexts from the websites.
- Use fluid grids: Rather using traditional pixel based design, uniform it with fluid grids, which is based on percent based designs. The fluid grids allow a layout to transform its different sections as per device layout. Designers splits their design into multiple grids with different width and heights to adapt the user’s device layout rather depending on a fixed layout.
- Implement Media Queries: User experience always leads the way of online success, so it is must, to be implemented media queries on your website. Media queries are the feature of CSS3 that allows a designer to specify where a specific CSS should imply and executed.
- Define the breakpoints: Breakpoints are used to define the browser width to be implemented when the device size changed. It calls the media queries to convert a fixed layout into a universal layout by defining different browser widths.
Like dos of Responsive web design, there are few don’ts should be memorized while design a responsive website.
Don’ts of Responsive Web Design
To get a perfect solution for your small business’s online presence, you need to focus on DOS of responsive web design along with eyes on what you need not to implement or follow on your website. Here is a list of Don’ts:
- Hide things: Never makes too much hidden sections on your website, it irritates a user and negatively impact on user experience. If you think a section is not so essential, just remove it rather making it hidden under hidden section.
- Rely on device dimensions: Rather, depending on a particular device dimensions, developed a universal website that can adapt device layout automatically. It positively impacts over user and enhance user experience.
- Use of Poor Quality Images: “Digital Context attracts more rather a text” so use better resolution images, HD videos and high quality media content on your website. Low resolution images look great on a small sized device, but get blurred on a desktop, tablet or a laptop. So, it’s better to use vector images and neglect low resolution images.
Follow the Do’s and Don’ts of Responsive web design solutions and get more user interactions with a high rate of conversion (especially for online e-commerce web store.)
For better understanding, take a look at the graphical representation of the above details.